League of Legends TFT: Patch 9.24 introduces Soulbound champions

League of Legends. Photo courtesy of Riot Games.
League of Legends. Photo courtesy of Riot Games. /
2 of 3
Olaf. League of Legends.
League of Legends. Photo Courtesy of Riot Games. /



"(6) Now additionally grants all Berserkers +25 Attack Damage."

So this is for ultra-late game Berserker comps and would make something like an Olaf-centric comp way more powerful. I think this could actually make something like a Poison/Berserker comp (with Mundo as the lynchpin and Kog’Maw + Olaf as the big carries) viable or really strong.


"(2) Chance to activate Attack Speed bonus: 30% ⇒ 35% (4) Chance to activate Attack Speed bonus: 65% ⇒ 80% (6) 100% chance to activate a 2.5x Attack Speed Bonus."

Rangers are a fairly weak class overall, with only Ashe and Twitch having any real value in the class. They’re probably still too weak at the two-unit synergy, but way stronger at four and six. The problem is, that’s a lot of investment for a Class that relies heavily on a front-line for protection.


"Bonus Duration Health: 40%/100% ⇒ 30%/120%"

Pretty easy to understand. Summoners are stronger late, weaker early. Six Summoner comps will probably still be a very strong comp, especially given how strong I think Inferno might be, Annie could be the queen of late-game.



"Dodge Chance: 15/20/30% ⇒ 20/25/35%"

Cloud/Blademaster is already a really strong comp centered around Yasuo (especially on a Cloud board when you can get Qiyana as a Cloud as well) and this only makes that stronger.


"Damage: 70/250/500 ⇒ 100/300/500"

Electric is still quite a conditional comp, as it’s a pretty hard-counter to Assassins. However, with these changes, Electric might just be strong enough that you could build it stand-alone. 100 damage at only two units on dealing or taking crits is huge and this also makes a Zed-centric comp (Electric/Assassins) ungodly strong.


"Effect triggers on spell damage ⇒ Effect triggers on spell damage and critical strikes"

Oh did you think Diana was already a hyper-strong unit to build around in TFT? These changes give her some more chances to set the Arena on fire.

"Bonus Damage: 80%/175%/250% over 5 seconds ⇒ 70%/120%/180% over 4 seconds"

Less damage overall, but the damage per second is actually slightly up early and down late (16%/35%/50% to 17.5%/30%/45%). This is ultimately a nerf, but it’s not going to offset the next change which increases the AoE of the effect as the comp scales.

More from Patch Updates

"Hexes that light on fire: 1/1/1 ⇒ 1/3/5"

I like this change, since Inferno should really feel like a trait that affects the Arena when it gets set off. Especially with their being less DPS as the Inferno comps scale, it makes sense to have the AoE go up.


"Attack Speed Bonus: 10/20/35% ⇒ 15/25/35%"

Light is an Element with a lot of potential, but it’s been pushed aside so far in TFT Set 2. Giving the attack speed bonus a buff particularly helps champs like Vayne, Nasus, Jax, and Aatrox.


"Mana Regen: 15/35/60 ⇒ 15/30/60"

I appreciate that Riot didn’t elect to nerf the late game scaling on full Ocean comps (since no one is really building those anyway). Ocean/Mage comps with Vlad plus Syndra should still be strong early, but they won’t come online quite as hard when you add the Nautilus and Thresh at like level four or five. Overall, this hurts Ocean/Mage as a core comp, but still makes it okay to open and then transition with.


"Now a 3/6 bonus. Shadow champions gain bonus damage for 4 seconds. Resets when they participate in a takedown. (3) +70% damage (6) +140% damage and resets when any Shadow champion gets a takedown."

So the biggest change, obviously, is the change from a 2/4 bonus to 3/6, making it harder to get early. This hits champs like Malzahar (and by extension Summoners) pretty hard.