Our latest top lane tier list shows which League of Legends champions are best in the role following Patch 10.6!
Patch 10.6 left one big elephant (well, technically, monkey) in the room when it comes to the top lane meta. Wukong seems to be dominating League of Legends, but our top lane tier list tells a different story. We break down why and where he ranks!
Top Lane Tier List
S tier: Sett, Garen, Darius, Fiora
A+ tier: Mordekaiser (⇓), Jax, Kled (⇑), Maokai
A tier: Renekton (⇓), Shen (⇓)
B tier: Ornn (⇐⇓), Camille (⇓), Malphite (⇓), Poppy, Illaoi, Singed, Teemo, Kayle, Vladimir, Riven (⇒), Tryndamere (⇒)
C tier: Aatrox (⇐⇓), Irelia (⇐⇓), Rengar (⇓), Wukong (*), Nasus, Yasuo, Sion, Quinn (⇓), Volibear, Gangplank (⇐), Yorick, Gnar, Urgot (⇒), Pantheon (⇓⇒)
D tier: Vayne (⇓), Rumble, Sylas (⇓), Jayce (⇓), Kennen (⇓), Cho’Gath (⇓), Dr. Mundo, Akali, Ryze (⇓)
F tier: Olaf (⇓), Zac (⇓), Lucian, Heimerdinger, Neeko (⇓), Kalista
Dropped: Cassiopeia, Trundle
- * = new to the tier list this patch
- ⇑ = improved (rated at least one tier higher than the previous patch)
- ⇓ = declined (rated at least one tier lower than the previous patch)
- ⇐ = borderline-up (within 10% of being in the next-higher tier)
- ⇒ = borderline-down (within 10% of being in the next-lower tier)
More from Blog of Legends
- Wukong is only ranked in our C tier, but honestly, that is under-valuing how strong he is. Half of the sites, which came out before the patch went live or in the early days, gave the Monkey King no grade at all. Of those that did grade him, he’s universally ranked in the A tier, so I think that’s a more accurate ranking.
- Maokai currently has the best win rate at 53.2%, but he’s done so with a significant pick rate of over 6.1%. Other high-win rate champions include Rengar (52.6%), Wukong (52.6%), and Garen (52%).
- She may be the new hotness in the top lane since TheShy broke her out in the LPL, but Kalista currently has the lowest win rate among top laners (45.5%). This in spite of her having a pick rate below 1% in Patch 10.6, which makes her F ranking justified. Other bottom-of-the-pack top laners in terms of win rate include Akali (45.7%), Nasus (46.7%), and Ryze (47%).
- It seems that one flavor-of-the-month pick bumped down another in our top lane tier list. Zac was a favored pick in Patch 10.5, but in the current patch he dropped from C tier down to F tier. This is the biggest drop of any top laner from the last patch. Rumble had the biggest improvement to his ranking, going from mid-D tier up to high-C tier in Patch 10.6.