Here are the best champions in the current TFT patch and the best TFT comps to run them in!
The best TFT players know how to find the best champions and maximize their efficiency in a solid comp. If you’re not sure which champions are the best, they tend to be ones that can be flexed into multiple strong TFT comps. Today, we’ll be giving you five champions who are both strong and versatile, so that you should almost always build around them and adjust your comp accordingly.
Keep in mind that these aren’t necessarily the strongest champions or TFT comps. Something like Slow Roll Protectors with Xin Zhao as the primary carry is one of the strongest comps in the game. However, unlike the Slow Roll Protectors, these champions have more than one narrow comp in which they can function, so you have the ability to pivot as needed.
Right now Dark Star is one of the strongest overall traits in the game and Jhin can fit into just about any one of them. He’s probably the best Infinity Edge user in the game right now and can completely one-shot people when he has that fourth shot ready.
More from Blog of Legends
Build Jhin when: You have multiple BF Swords early.
Key items: Infinity Edge.
Other items that work: Runaan’s Hurricane, Guardian Angel, Death Blade, Hand of Justice, Bloodthirster.
Comps for Jhin:
- “Jhinguard”: Jhin (*), Ashe (*), Mordekaiser, Wukong, Poppy, Jayce, Karma, Lulu.
- You can also drop two Vanguards (Poppy and Jayce, ideally) for two additional Mystics, but only do this if the top enemies are stacking magic damage.
- Dark Star/Protector: Jhin (*), Jarvan, Rakan, Xin Zhao (*), Neeko, Ashe, Karma, Lulu.
- Like Jhinguard, again you can drop the two Mystics for Vanguard.
- Dark Star/Infiltrator: Jhin (*), Shaco (*), Mordekaiser, Jarvan, Lux, Karma, Ashe.
Second Carries to Pair with Jhin: Ashe (always), Xin Zhao (Protector), Shaco (Dark Star).
2. Miss Fortune
She’s still an incredibly powerful late game unit (and most games are going late in Set 3). She also rounds out two of the strongest current TFT comps to go along with Blasters.
Build MF when: Whenever you can get her, honestly.
Key Items: Seraph’s Embrace, Deathcap.
Other items: Infinity Edge, Hand of Justice, Jeweled Gauntlet, Morellonomicon, QSS.
Comps for Miss Fortune:
- Blasters/Brawlers: Miss Fortune (*), Jinx (*), Ezreal, Graves/Lucian, Malphite, Blitzcrank, Vi, Cho’Gath.
- Blasters/Chrono: Miss Fortune (*), Jinx, Ezreal (*), Graves/Lucian, Blitzcrank, Thresh, Shen.
- Blasters/Cybernetic: Miss Fortune (*), Lucian (*), Ekko, Vi, Leona, Fiora, Irelia, Kayle.
- Only run this if you can 3-star Lucian. If you can’t, put the items on Irelia and swap Kayle for Shen.
Second Carries to Pair with Miss Fortune: Jinx (Brawlers), Ezreal (Chrono), Lucian (Cybernetic).
Not only is Dark Star great for Jhin, but with the new rise in Infiltrator comps Shaco has become an incredibly versatile pick. If you get those BF Swords he can be a great alternative to Jhin.
Build Shaco when: You have get early BF Swords.
Key items: Bloodthirster, Infinity Edge.
Other items: Guardian Angel, Deathblade, Hand of Justice.
Comps for Shaco:
- Mech/Infiltrators: Shaco (*), Kai’Sa (*), Ekko, Fizz, Annie, Rumble, Lux, Karma.
- 6 Dark Star: Shaco (*), Lux, Mordekaiser, Jhin (*), Jarvan, Karma, Lulu.
- Mech/Valkyrie: Shaco (*), Annie, Rumble, Fizz (*), Kai’Sa, Kayle/MF, Lux, Ekko.
Second Carries to Pair with Shaco: Kai’Sa and Fizz (Mech-Pilots), Jhin (Dark Star).
Still an underrated pick as he flexes nicely into the Blaster and Cybernetic comps. Basically, he is Miss Fortune, but he can function in the early and mid game. Plus he can function independently of MF, which is not necessarily the case for her.
Build Lucian when: You have attack speed items or on-hit items.
Key Items: Red Buff, Giant Slayer.
Other items: Rapid Fire Cannon, Seraph’s Embrace, Bloodthirster.
Comps for Lucian:
- Blasters/Brawlers: Lucian (*), Jinx (*), Ezreal, Graves, Malphite, Blitzcrank, Vi, Cho’Gath.
- Unlike the previous iteration of Blasters/Brawlers, this is better if you are behind early and cannot get to higher levels.
- Blasters/Chrono: Lucian (*), Ezreal (*), Graves, Jinx/MF, Blitzcrank, Thresh, Shen.
- Blasters/Cybernetic: Lucian (*), Ekko, Vi, Leona, Fiora, Irelia, Miss Fortune (*).
- Round out either with Kayle (Valkyrie) or two more Blasters.
Second Carries to Pair with Lucian: Jinx or Miss Fortune (always).
Cho’Gath is probably the best Brawler and user of defensive items. In addition, he can flex into the Void/Brawlers comp that has become stronger in Patch 10.7 as the front-line and damage dealer.
Build Cho’Gath when: You have a lot of health and AP items.
Key items: Morellonomicon, Guardian Angel.
Other items: Locket, Titan’s Resolve, Dragon’s Claw, Warmog’s, Bramble Vest.
Comps for Cho’Gath:
- Blaster/Brawler: Cho’Gath (*), Miss Fortune (*), Jinx, Lucian, Ezreal Malphite, Blitzcrank, Vi
- Better comp for when you only have a couple of Blaster items and more AP and defensive items.
- Void/Brawler: Cho’Gath (*), Vel’Koz (*), Kha’Zix, Malphite, Blitzcrank, Vi.
Second Carries to Pair with Cho’Gath: Vel’Koz (Void), MF/Jinx (Blasters).